Our client is a leading space technology and intelligence company, delivering services in Space Infrastructure and Earth Intelligence. We are working with them in the Ocean Intelligence space to help commercial fisheries optimize operations, monitor changing ocean conditions and protect aquaculture assets with near-real time data. The product suite is extendable to on-ground operations to help small and large agricultural farmers with prediction and communications capabilities.
- Near real-time analytics to find the right type of fishes with optimum efficiencies.
- Track changing weather, ocean, and climate conditions to maintain safe and efficient operations at sea.
- Monitor changing ocean conditions by global climate change as well as chemical contamination.
- Live analytics over data – Faster response to users, based on filters applied on the data.
- Multiple types of output formats were required for each layer.
- Domain knowledge – Every data layer needed understanding of the domain knowledge. E.g. how the direction of water currents change based on the water temperature.
- Data Ingestion – A data ingestion module is developed to fetch data from Satellite data feed. The data is stored as NetCDF and ESRI Shape files with segregation for date, region and products. Developed in Python as a daily cron job.
- ETL – An ETL pipeline is developed to read product files and transform it to create vector data – Shape files, GeoJSON layers and raster data – GeoTIFF layers.
- Visualization – A Powerful UI is developed, allowing users to manipulate, filter and sort the data for further analysis. MapBox GL JS is used to render geo-referenced images, contour lines and marker clusters.
- Revealing insights to optimize fishing operations – Near real-time data for fishing recommendations and ocean conditions helped the fishermen to locate the closest, most productive fishing grounds.
- Monitor changing conditions – Various oceanographic data values like temperature, plankton helped researchers with the understanding of climate changes as well as effects of chemical contamination and its impact on marine life.
- Feature based thin client deployment made it easy to reach a larger and wider customer base.